Hi friend! I hope you’ve had a fabulous weekend. I hosted a Fermentation Workshop yesterday at my yoga studio and it was so much fun! I love sharing information about the microbiome and seeing everyone try the yummy goodies and make their own sauerkraut. It’s definitely one of my favourite workshops to run and if you’re in the Saskatoon area and want to host, just pop me a message and we’ll get it set up. Anyhoo, today’s recipe is perfect for those salty, crunchy, sweet, and crispy cravings that sometimes pop up: Sweet & Salty Roasted Chickpeas!
I’ve made these at several cooking classes over the past few months and they are kid and adult approved. You can easily eat them as a blood-sugar balancing snack or use them as a topper for your favourite salad. Thanks to the fibre and protein content of the chickpeas you won’t see the crazy spike and resultant crash in energy that you will get from chippies or other processed treats.
I’m all about making small, sustainable changes over the long term to lead to the body and health that you desire. So by swapping out some of your processed snacks with healthier options such as these chickpeas (or my super awesome Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies) you can feel confident that you are taking the positive steps to make your goal a reality. Now without further ado, snack on friend! Snack on.
Sweet & Salty Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- 1 large can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (feel free to add more!)
- 1 tsp. coconut palm sugar
- ¼ – ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine chickpeas, olive oil, nutritional yeast, coconut palm sugar and sea salt.
- Spread onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and roast until crispy, approximately 60 minutes, turning every 20 minutes. The longer you let them roast, the crispier they will get.
- Allow to fully cool before placing in a sealed container.
Well friend, that’s our crispy, crunchy, sweet, and salty snack for today. Thanks for stopping by! And if you are looking for some extra inspiration and support, make sure you join my free Fully Nourished Online Community. It’s where I share all the things I’m reading from around the web. Plus you get the insider scoop on new recipes, events, and programs, while connecting with new like-minded friends. I hope to see you there!