Hi friend! I hope you’ve been having a fabulous week! Things are finally starting to calm down a little bit after the craziness of the last month and I am starting to get SO excited for the holidays.
With holiday season often comes invitations to potlucks and parties, which can sometimes derail your healthy living goals. But I’m not one to tell you to sit at home or forgo all the treats at these events.
No way! It’s way more my style to give you delicious recipes that you can bake-and-take to your parties so that you can indulge and wow people with your amazing kitchen prowess.
These cookies use delicious almond butter (or your favourite nut butter!) and chia seeds as the base so they are packed with protein, healthy fats, and fibre, but taste like a sweet indulgence.
We made them at one of my classes this week and they were a huge hit, even with the kiddo in attendance! If you need to adjust the taste a little bit to get people on board, feel free to add a little extra palm sugar or maple syrup. Enjoy!
GRAIN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
- 3/4 cup of nut butter of choice, I like almond butter!
- 1 tbsp. ground chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ to ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and whip together until smooth. You can also beat it together with eggbeaters. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place mixture in the fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes until slightly firm.
- Use a heaping tablespoon to scoop the batter onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes then rotate and bake for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
Well friend, that’s our delicious bake-and-take treat for the holidays. And if you’re looking for a little extra support on your health journey, make sure you download my FREE Stop Self-Sabotage Workbook right here! Have a beautiful day!