Hello friend! I hope you’re having a marvelous day. I’m currently running another session of my Reset Yourself Nutrition Challenge and it always amazes me what an incredible group of women this program tends to attract. The amount of support and encouragement that’s been shared in the private group is why I think building community is so important when you’re making healthy lifestyle changes!
This week I’ve been sharing information on why it can be so beneficial to eliminate gluten-containing grains when you’re trying to heal and the importance of using healthy fats and oils in your cooking.
This information is important in order to get started on your healing journey, but what I think is even more crucial is developing amazing meal prepping skills and learning the fundamentals of batch cooking so that you can get healthy meals on the table in no time!
This soup has been giving me life this week and the recipe makes enough to serve a family of 5 with leftovers so that you can make a big pot of this on the weekend, eat a delicious dinner, and have plenty of leftovers to either freeze or take for lunches during the week.
It contains pretty much everything you need to create a balanced meal that will fill you up and keep your energy nice and stable all day long. If you kick it vegetarian style, I would suggest adding some French or Beluga lentils to create a complete meal. And if you’re grain free, like me, just omit serving it over rice. Enjoy!
Get Batch Cooking: Easy Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil, ghee, or organic butter
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp. ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1 bulb garlic, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 small head of napa cabbage, diced,
- 6 cups broth or water
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Heat a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add oil and let it heat up 1 minute.
- Add thyme, poultry seasoning, coriander, and chili flakes to oil, stirring together. Let heat up about 1 minute.
- Add onions, garlic, ground beef, and 1 tsp. sea salt. Combine thoroughly and let sizzle while you chop the tomatoes and cabbage.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and cabbage, stirring together until combined. Then pour in broth, sea salt, and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring the soup to boil and then reduce to a simmer. It will likely be ready in about 25 minutes, but the longer you let it jam together, the better it will taste.
- Once cooked, add maple syrup and let mellow on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve over your favourite rice and enjoy!
Well friend, that’s our awesomely easy, deliciously fabulous, batch cooking-friendly Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe! If you’re looking for more tips on how to create lasting healthy habits, then make sure you download my FREE Stop Self-Sabotage Workbook. It’s packed with information designed to help you make the best choices for your goals.
Have a beautiful day!