Hi friend! I hope you’re enjoying the weekend. My week has been pretty exciting! I’ve spent lots of time at the beach, which is just what my water baby soul craves as soon as the thermostat hits 25. I’ve been seeing clients, working on some private cheffing/client education packages, and getting interview requests from the local paper all about my health journey. All in all a pretty fab week! Now I’m looking forward to a little bit of R & R over the next couple of days with lots of gentle yoga and naps.
If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don’t what are you waiting for?!) you’ll know that last week I posted a photo of a new recipe I’ve been playing with and one of the major components is a Cream Cheese Frosting. However, I’ve been completely dairy free for the last month now, so what was a girl to do? Easy! Grab some cashews, raid her pantry, and make her own cream cheese. It was remarkably easy and made a great base for the frosting. The recipe below is for a very basic cream cheese, but you can feel free to get jazzy and add some nutritional yeast, herbs, and spices to suit your tastes. Get creative and have some fun with it. And don’t forget to come back next week when we’ll take this base and turn it into the frosting on our Mini Molasses Cakes!
Vegan Coconut Cashew Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours & drained
- ¼ C + 1 tbsp. coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 probiotic capsules, opened
- Place soaked & drained cashews in a food processor.
- Add coconut milk and sea salt and blend until super duper smooth.
- Place in a glass bowl and stir in probiotic capsules.
- Cover with a dishcloth and place in oven with light on for 24-48 hours. Make sure to stir it every 6 to 12 hours.
- Stir and refrigerate! It will solidify in the fridge.
Well that’s my sweet vegan cheese recipe for today friend.
If you’re looking for more ways to get your fermentation feet wet, check out my FREE e-book Eat Your Way to a Happy Belly with Fantastic Fermentables. It’s packed with information on the benefits of probiotic foods and 15 easy peasy, vegan & paleo friendly recipes. Click here to download it now! Enjoy!
Have a wonderfully whimsical weekend!